- | Monday, June 22nd, 2015
One of the top five most common questions I receive: It says cover letter optional, do I need to write a cover letter?
Yes, yes, and well yes. Will cover letters still exist in 10 years? I don’t know, but they do still exist now. When I was a hiring manager in consulting, I generally used cover letters for three things:
1) it let me gauge how truly interested the applicant was in the role – did they tailor it to my position?
2) tie breaker, I like two resumes a lot, but can only bring in one person
3) .... Read More
- | Friday, June 12th, 2015
1) Your Photo. Remember when your teacher told you that a picture is worth a thousand words, well. . . same goes for the LinkedIn profile photo. There are practical reasons to have a photo – for instance, LinkedIn will raise your profile higher in search criteria (when a headhunter or recruiter is searching) based on how complete your profile is and having a photo increases your completeness percent (want to know how complete your profile is? go into LinkedIn and under profile, choose edit, and it will give you a percent completion in the top right). For less practical .... Read More